Seize Your Future is a leadership seminar especially designed to help young women develop leadership skills, acquire decision-making abilities, and become leaders of tomorrow’s society.
Seize Your Future is sponsored by the Association pour le développement socioculturel de la femme (ADSF), a non-profit organisation founded in 1981 whose aim is to nurture the integral development of women.
Seize Your Future strives to cultivate tomorrow’s leaders in today’s young women, by encouraging teenage girls to develop their leadership and make informed decisions in their lives and careers.
- Leadership behaviours and critical thinking
- Creativity and innovation
- Communication and presentation skills
- Conflict resolution
- Time and priority management
- Influence and motivation of others
- Decision making
The seminar consists of three training weekends. To familiarise the participants with leadership skills and behaviours, we foster an interactive environment that includes :
- Theoretical sessions
- Interactive workshops
- Luncheon lectures with local leaders
- One-on-one mentoring
- Active involvement in a leadership project chosen and executed by the participant
Weekend 1: Development of leadership behaviours and perfecting of reflecting abilities.
Weekend 2: Effective communication and presentation techniques.
Weekend 3: Time and priority management and decision making.
Who should participate ?
Students between the ages of 15 and 17, who :
- Are socially involved
- Have a grade point average of at least 80%
- Want to develop their leadership skills
- Want to positively contribute to society
- Want to fully exploit their potential
Although the actual training cost per young women is close to 5 000$, we believe that money should not prevent a leader from attaining her full potential. Therefore, the fee for the three training weekends is 500$, which includes
- One or more conference per weekend, given by current leaders. Some of our past speakers have included world-renowned authors, vice-presidents of multinational corporations, journalists and Olympic athletes. All our speakers are leaders in their fields.
- Interactive classes and training sessions on leadership behaviours, communication, networking, time management, etc. The classes are given by Mrs Gladys Daoud, who has over 15 years of experience in leadership and innovation coaching and consulting. She is also certified by Edward de Bono in creativity and innovation.
- Each participant is given a course manual to keep, as well as a certificate once she completes the program.
- A mentor to provide individual attention, advice and support throughout the program and to help participants push their limits.
- Hotel and meals for the three training weekends.
Venue and dates
The training weekends currently take place at the Courtyard Marriott in Brampton, Ontario.
Courtyard Marriott Brampton
90 Biscayne Crescent
Brampton, ON L6W 4S1
The dates of the seminar weekends for the 2012-2013 year are as follows :
November 23-25, 2012
February 15-17, 2013
May 3-5, 2013
Agrandir le plan